GIPPCC Statement of Purpose:
An independent, statewide coalition of Illinois clinicians, families, institutions, and organizations seeking to improve access to quality community-based pediatric palliative and hospice care, education, and research.
GIPPCC collaborates with its members to educate, advocate for, and partner with consumers, healthcare providers and the community in order to improve and increase access to palliative care and bereavement services for children and families throughout Illinois.
Improve the availability of, and access to, quality palliative care and hospice services for Illinois children and their families.
GIPPCC operates with five primary goals:
(1) Education (strengthening existing programs and facilitating program development);
(2) Quality Assurance (creating tools to promote superior care and assess satisfaction while also undertaking pediatric palliative care research and data collection);
(3) Reimbursement (implementation of programming to appropriately serve kids with life limiting illnesses and their families);
(4) Resource Allocation (sharing trained pediatric staff and resources); and
(5) Improving Continuity and Communication through changing care settings and levels of care (development of a central referral network to aid in establishing community support for children).
Up Coming Events:
Updates coming soon!
GIPPCC is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization.
GIPPCC is a statewide coalition of individuals and healthcare organizations that work collaboratively to improve access to quality, community-based, pediatric palliative care. The organization does not provide direct clinical care but, rather, coordinates the collaborative educational, advocacy and clinical improvement projects of existing and developing pediatric palliative care programs.